New world,New friends---Life moves on.

'myspace

“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
--Anais Nin


My cousin diyadear introduced me to Orkut.—Rather, prompted me to try out orkut. I always knew it existed but had never bothered about it.But all the publicity it generated (some negative) made me curious and I decided to join.

It did not change my life in any great way, but it helped me reconnect with many of my friends with whom I had lost touch.I have never stayed in one place for more than 4 years, my whole life! (Because of the nature of my dad’s job, in childhood, and my husband’s job now) You move on, you make new friends, keep some old ones.Orkut helped me FIND some.

Also it has been an eye opener, because I met some new people through the blogging community. I found their blogs compelling enough to leave a comment. It prompted me to check out their profiles and I was so shocked to see their ages.I would have NEVER guessed. Tyler is just 24, and Harshal is just 21! Both were very different from each other.Both compelled me to think (and that always hooks me) Click on the underlined which will take you to the blogs.

Earlier,I would have just dismissed these ‘freshmen of life’ as mere kids. After all, I’m 35, a mother of two and a ‘wise woman’.[humour me, I like to think I am wise :-)] But interacting with them has taught me that you should never judge people by their ages.

I now know, that you can learn even from a 5 and a half year old. Not to mention, that you CAN be friends with a 21 year old and a 24 year old, even if you are 35!

Comments

  1. That's so true - even more true in the blogging community I think. Bloggers read your posts and come back if they like your style or have something in common with you - they don't look at your age first and dismiss you because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture, it's the best!
    I'm glad Orkut helped you get in touch with old friends. It's such a strange but warm and familiar feeling when you get back in touch.
    By the way, did I tell you I'm 23? :) I feel old! hhahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. moving every 4 years...
    don't think I would like that...

    still can't believe I am 21 eh?
    Rahulji..be ready..I am coming to your blog..

    oh wise woman, now you are truly wiser, for you learnt an important lesson, you can learn a lot from us "bachchas"...and we in turn and learn too from your experiences

    friendship can be made with just about anyone...
    I think I had once mentioned in my older blog about how I had a wonderful time being friends with an 82 year old woman..will see if I still have that post..

    either ways,
    glad to know you...lets keep "learning" and basically laughing around...enjoy the game that is life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i knew u'd like orkut.. im a huge fan n have met many of my old friends too.. hey can i link tihs podt of urs to mine.. 4 i have drafted a post on orkut too... since june 05 there has not been a single day i ahvent logged into orkut ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read some of Annias Nin many years ago. An interesting lady! Age has never been an issue with me..I'm often surprised at who sits behind the keyboard on some distant shore bloging away.What a wonderful way to get to know the world..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey and u know wat? as i posted abt daisy i remembered betty.. n tommy too.. betty was the first dog i loved :) ur daughter betty he he..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hershey: I'd die of BOREDOM if i had to stay one place all my life!I love going to new places.Each to his own.

    Diyadear:Hush!!You know too many secrets!BTW--His name was TONI, not Tommy!

    Devilmood:I loved that picture too.And I was too busy Pulling the tag on your blog, to check out ur profile!But age doesnt matter,like I said ;-)

    Katherine,Niall:I agree.Blogging community is great--to know the world as well as meet interesting people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Age has never been an issue for me - except when I was a child and was anxious to grow up adn measured my age in quarter years! :-)

    I have had friends several years younger and older than me and still have. I've always thought it's the person that counts and nothing else and have always chosen boyfriends on this basis too. I simply could not 'fancy' or love someone whom I didn't like as a person.

    I remember when I turned 30 everyone seemed so preoccupied with this number and could not beleive that it did not bother me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh of course, the pull tag is very distractive!
    I forgot to say I've been wanting to read Anais Nin for so long...which of her books should I read?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps Niall can answer that.I have not read Anais Nin--I like her quotes though.

    bob-kat:You are definitely wiser than me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. By the way - I'm 25 now and I've outgrown my Fight Club obsession.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate your leaving a comment! Okay--I appreciate your leaving a comment if you have something nice to say ;-)


Popular Posts